Monday, September 10, 2012

Under the Tuscan Sun!


Ciao Tutti!

So here’s where I left off and what’s happened since my last post. Monday night a bunch of us SLU-sers went to Zodiac Hill at night, which is within walking distance of campus. It’s a look-out over the entire city and it has to have the best view of the city. It was stunning. I can’t wait to go back during the day sometime. 
Tuesday was Caitie and I’s first day of class (rough to be having three days of class a week, I know). They all seem like they are going to be interesting. It will be a nice break from rigorous PT curriculum loaded with science classes. I’m very excited about my food and wine class, and my on-site art class. Tuesday night a large group from JFRC went out for our friend Kevin’s 21st birthday. We went to a chocolate bar. The outside looks like a bookstore, and it was so small and there were so many of us that five of us at a time had to go in to take a shot with Kevin. The shot glasses were made of chocolate so you had to just drop the whole thing in your mouth and eat it. So good! (Rima and Laura, when you visit, we’re definitely going there!). Then we went to an american bar called Scholars for karoake. 
Friday morning we left for our orientation trip to tuscany and umbria bright and early at seven o clock. On our big tour bus, our driver, Guiseppe, played us some reggae, latin dance music and mamma mia as we drove through the Italian countryside. I couldn’t have wished for anything more! It’s exactly what i pictured the tuscan countryside to look like. Our first stop was Cortona where we had a guided tour of the city, followed by a wine tasting and lunch at Villa Petrischio. This was my favorite thing that we’ve done so far (uncle steven, i’m becoming quite a fan of chianti!). The meal was delicious. The location was absolutely beautiful. It felt like we were at a wedding reception and I'd volunteer to have mine there. Next we went to Arezzo, and had another tour. That night we had a JFRC community welcome before dinner and ate dinner at our Hotel. 
Saturday we went to Anghiari, which was probably my favorite of the places we visited. We strolled around the city, and every alley was even more beautiful than the last. we ate lunch at a medieval castle called Castello di Scorci, which is known for being haunted!  The next stop was another medievel town, Sansepolcro before dinner at the hotel.
Sunday we went on a boatcruise on lago (lake) trasimeno, which is the fourth largest lake in italy. I got my tan on! Lunch was on a restaurant overlooking the lake and a four hour affair. These italians don’t mess around with food. The pasta here is sacred. I’m being feed very well haha. I’m pretty sure I gained atleast five pounds from this orientation trip. Everyone is complaining of blisters and tired feet, but I haven’t had a single one yet and I owe it to all the walking I did this summer in Chicago with Ryan. I’m grateful for all those long walks now babe =) 

Hugs, and a kiss on each cheek. 
Thanks for reading! 












No comments:

Post a Comment